Friday, July 30, 2010
Week 3 Reflection
So I have my action research topic prepared and am ready to figure out the details of what my project is going to look like. I am looking to implement a new discipline program that would take students who have repeatedly violated the tardy and dress-code policies and have them attend an additonal class period on Friday afternoon. My initial wondering is whether this consequence will hold more water over the traditional ISS consequence we have had in the past. I also would like to see whether teachers value this system over the old one because it will allow the student to stay in their class instead of having to be removed and miss intructional time. The funny thing about this whole procress is that just when I think I have thought about every issue and question that people might have (be it parents, students or other teachers), another one comes up! I can tell that this is going to be a fun journey that will require paying attention to the finer details. And in case you were wondering, the idea of students attending school on Friday afternoon is nothing new. I am not saying I came up with the idea, I am simply "borrowing" it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment